Developing a Healthy Snack Food Company Your Own Way, featuring Sylvia Tam, Founder and CEO at Beviva Foods
As a busy mother of three who traveled regularly for meetings and trade shows, it was hard for Sylvia Tam to believe life could get any more complicated. In 2011, she was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, which is an Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes long-term inflammation of the digestive system. This was something Sylvia wasn't familiar with other than the painful symptoms she experienced, actually since childhood. There is no known cause or cure for IBD, and the symptoms and food sensitivities are different for everyone.
Sylvia had worked in the gluten-free food industry for ten years, bringing food alternatives to the Celiac and Autistic community. However, after learning she had IBD, she decided to look into doing something on her own. One commonality is that people with IBD have a hard time finding suitable foods, eating on time, and getting in the recommended small meals throughout the day.
That’s why Beviva was created.
Beviva’s mission is to help people with IBD or digestive sensitivities snack more nutritiously and more often by offering convenient mini meals they can take anywhere and enjoy anytime. Beviva stands for a lifestyle of healthy convenient snacking throughout the day so your belly will thank you, even at work or play.
In this live streamed interview, you will learn how to develop a business your own way. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to create a snack-food business
- how to find and work with suppliers
- how to get samples and do your initial run
- how to do the packaging and design work
- how to work with US regulations for food products
- how to launch a product locally
- how to leverage networking events and trade shows
- how to get feedback from early adopters
- how to promote your product online and in-person
- how to be patient and understand the timing of your business
- how to balance family and business life
- how to master your time management and reduce anxiety, and
- how to do this as a first-time entrepreneur with kids.
As Sylvia says: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's learning to dance in the rain."
Sylvia Tam is the founder & CEO at Beviva Foods, the Creator of delicious and easy carry snacks to help those snack on the hop!